1. Emphasize consistency in your training program.
2. Train in an environment that promotes a concentrated effort.
3. maintain a strong commitment to being fit.
4. Realize that good, successful training is the best source of self-confidence.
5. Rest sufficiently after a race to restore energy levels.
6. Don't run when you don't feel up to it.
7. Enhance performance by going into a race with peace of mind.
8. Identify your nutritional needs as an athlete and nourish yourself properly.
9. Avoid Injury by discarding shoes that are worn-out beyond 75% of their "life".
10. Do not consider any one aspect of training more important than any other.
Each is integral to the total running program.
(Dixon was an Olympic medallist and now coaches other world class athletes)